Saturday, July 13, 2013

Essence Silky touch blushes Review + SWATCHES

Essence is one of my favourite brands because of the prices and quality!
So when Essence first hit the shelves in Australia i was super excited when i found about the prices. I mean EVERYTHING in the beauty industry that comes from overseas is always at least 1.5x or double the price and it ends up costing alot.
 Even though Essence cosmetics cost more than in the USA, it is doubled but its still a reasonable price.
ANYWAYS onto the review. These are the two colours i have:

30 Secret it Girl
20 Baby Doll




Swatches. Top one is baby doll and the bottom is secret it girl


As you can see from the photos, baby doll has recieved more love.
Baby doll is the PERFECT blush colour for me. It adds a little pink to my cheeks and looks natural but done up at the same time. Its a natural dusty pink with a slight shimmer.
Secret it girl is a peachy colour with silver shimmer. 
In the swatches, Baby doll is definitely more pigmented compared to Secret It girl. Baby doll took one swatch to get that pigmentation and Secret It girl needed to be builded up but it is still pigmented!
They cost $4.25 AUD and i love them! They do last long on my cheeks but i think that if you want your blush to stay on your cheeks, it will depend on your foundation since the foundation is the base and if the base comes off, the blush will come off with it.
AND YES they are silky touch blushes and i feel like when i apply them to my cheeks, my cheeks become silky to the touch .. :) 

FINAL VERDICT
Pigmentation: 9.5/10
Since Secret it girl wasnt so pigmented, i didnt give it a 10/10 but really, blushes shouldnt be TOO pigmented in my opinion since we dont want the FULL solid colour on our cheeks. 
Price: 10/10 
For the price of $4.25 the quality is GREAT! 
Packaging: 8.5/10
It does look cheap but its $4.25!! Its easy to open and when it closes, its very secure. 
Recommend? DEFINITELY !!
I give them a 9/10 overall. Baby doll is my favourtie blush! i choose it over my NARS and MAC blushes and thats saying something! 
I definitely suggest you running out to the stores and pick this blush up, ITS GREAT. It also comes in other colours and i will definitely be picking those ones up soon! 


Thanks for reading my review and dont forget to subscribe (ITS FREE)

Have a good day! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment